March 16th-29th COVID-19 Lifestyle Changes


Since the directive to stay at home by President Trump and NC governor Cooper, I have taken on the project of cleaning out the basement. It has taken me roughly two weeks to get this task done. This is a 1500 sq. ft. basement that hasn't been cleaned out in 26 years! It basically has served as a junk storage and work area.
P
hase One of the project: Clean out 1000 sq. ft. But leave the the other 500 sq. ft. for a still needed junk/work area. Every day has been trips to the landfill/convenience center - which is only about 3 1/2 miles from us. Since doing this, I have noticed everyone else has similar clean-up jobs as the convenience center is packed with people throwing away stuff!

Phase Two involves having the basement floored with vinyl. Then in a month or so, I will finish it with new ceiling and drywall (Phases 3 & 4). The inspiration for cleaning the basement came when I decided to order a fancy internet interactive treadmill to put in our basement. I ordered it on March 20th. I thought if I don't get to run outside because of this social distancing thing, maybe this treadmill could ease the shut-in blues. Plus it lets you run virtually in beautiful places all over the world. Neat! And living in Boone, there are days you can't run outdoors because of the weather. My justification for ordering it anyway and thus cleaning out the basement. 🙂

We have basically followed the social distancing directives. Only place we have been is to the grocery store, Lowes Hardware and the pharmacy. We yell at our nice neighbors across the street. But I do miss getting together with friends, family and going to church. Texting and calling on the cell phone is our only outlet for keeping in touch with them.

Comments